My First Blogging Award!
I have no idea what I did to merit this, I’ve only just barely started my baby blog, but I’ve been nominated by Christina, from The Blog for Teachers, Readers, & Life, for the Liebster Award!
First things first, I want to give a huge thank you to Christina for nominating me. Christina runs an amazing blog at https://www.teacher-librarian-forlife.com/. She gives succinct book reviews on a large variety of works, mostly for children and students. She has worked in education for many years and at all elementary school levels. I would highly recommend checking out her blog here for any reading or teaching inspiration.
Okay, moving on. What is this award?
The Liebster Award is given out to promising new bloggers as a way to connect and support the blogging community. Liebster means “kind, warm, welcome,” in German, and the award dates back to 2011.
I’m going to be transparent about it – it’s basically a 2017 Xanga tag.
But coming from a legitimate blogger like Christina and not one of my middle school classmates I’m so honored. And I loved those stupid 2005 Xanga tags anyway, so let’s do this.
Liebster Award Guidelines
- If you chose to accept this award when nominated, write a blog post including:
- A thank you to the person that nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your post.
- Display your award either in your post or on your blog as a widget.
- Write 150-300 words about your favorite blog, including links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees.
To find out more you can read the full guidelines and information at The Global Aussie, here.
So. Now that the boring stuff’s out of the way, here we go!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I always thought I wanted to be a comic artist, but last year I realized the lifestyle of a comic artist doesn’t appeal to me, anymore. I don’t want to write about adventures, I want to LIVE adventures! So I thought about what I want from my life: adventure, travel, creative freedom, art, storytelling, film, fashion, and working from home. There was only one perfect answer – a travel and lifestyle blog.
2. What is your favorite blog post you have written? Why?
“Game of Thrones WIP Part 1” Not for the actual content, but for what it represents. I created this blog to pursue my dreams, and that’s what I see in my GoT post. I never find time to draw anymore, but this post forced me to spend hours drawing something that excited me. That’s the core of what I want for this blog.
3. Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters.
Layout is important! When you cut corners on graphics, fonts, margins – when things don’t look professional, you don’t look professional! Which is fine if your blog is your hobby, but not if you’re trying to make it a business. Your homepage is your store front. Make it inviting.
4. What book changed your life? Why?
Harry Potter. Sometimes I feel like Harry Potter is my real bible. J.K.Rowling instilled such strong and positive morals in that series. Every year, and especially this past year with the current events, it feels like there’s always something new and meaningful to take away from her books. We’re all Dumbledor’s Army, now.
5. What is your favorite free time activity? Why?
My favorite free time activity is riding my bike. I only do it when I’m all caught up in my workouts, blogging, cleaning and everything else, and I can afford a random 1-hour bike ride. It’s very seldom, but on the river it’s so beautiful.
10 Facts About Me
1. I’ve been to England, China, the Philippines, Cambodia, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Taiwan, and South Korea, and Korean food is still my favorite. So I live in Seoul, South Korea.
2. My favorite Korean foods are fried chicken and bread. I know you think those aren’t Korean foods, but trust me, they are now.
3. My dream vacation destination is Bora Bora.
4. The reason my dream vacation is Bora Bora is, to be completely honest, DBSK’s “Hi Ya Ya” video. I just, I need it. I NEED IT.
Alright no, you know what. An image isn’t enough. I know you think you don’t need this in your life, but you do.
Omg, I’m getting excited just re-listening to it. I mean come on. How can you not want to go to Bora Bora after watching this?
Okay, -ahem- moving on.
5. When I was in school, I would throw out all of my textbooks at the end of the year, and only save the drawings and doodles from the margins.
6. I’m still considering going back to school to become a zoo keeper. I reeeeeeeeally like animals. I can’t tell if I’m joking or serious.
7. Chi-town born and raised.
8. Terrified of wide-open spaces but the absolute worst is watching a balloon float up into the night sky. Makes me feel like a dot clinging to a dot in an infinitely vast universe that can’t be explained. (Just keepin’ it light, you know.)
9. I started using the phrase “YOLO” ironically because it was so terrible, but then it got less ironic, and now I really mean it.
10. My dream is to work from home/while travelling, doing something creative and telling my own stories. It’s been the same dream since I was 10-years-old, I just didn’t know about blogging back then.
Okay, questions all done! That seriously made me nostalgic for Xanga.
Next business! My favorite blog. Ooooooh but which to choose!
It’s literally so gorgeous it’s enraging. It’s my ultimate blog inspiration. Not only is she unbelievably beautiful, but her blog layout, outfits, make up, composition, everything is PERFECTION. Cutting-edge perfection. She’s also one of the only newsletters that I’ll actually bother reading in my e-mail and ENJOY reading. She keeps her posts very photo heavy, text light, and the photos are just so stupid beautiful! Her vlogs are works of art, as well. Her Instagram is fire as you would expect, and she regularly updates her Instagram story, which has really made me warm up to her as a person. She is so sweet and kind, you can tell immediately from watching her vlogs or story. AAAAAnd she collaborates with ridiculous brands like Maybelline and Uniqlo, makes TV appearances, and travels nonstop! -sigh- Literally my dream job…
Check out Thirsty Thought here: http://thirstythought.com/
And the nominees are…!
My Liebster Award Nominees:
Last but not least:
Questions for my Nominees:
- It’s an oldie but a goodie. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, past or present, who would it be and why?
- What’s the last adventure you went on?
- If your childhood had a smell, what would it be?
- Why did you start your blog?
- How different was your life one year ago?
The End! You made it! I am, again, so grateful for this nomination. I’m really so proud of it it’s silly. Thank you Christine. I hope my nominees accept the award and have as much fun making their posts as I did. If you really stuck around this long, thank you! Have a cookie.
Cheers. See you next week!